TerraSana – Agar Agar Powder 50gr
Agar agar is a biological binding and gelling agent with an enormous binding power. You can compare it to gelatin, but agar agar is even more powerful and also 100% vegan. Agar agar is made from 100% red seaweed, also known as lace. You can make delicious vegan cheesecakes or (sugar-free) jelly with it. You should always add agar agar only when your liquid is warm, otherwise lumps may form. Because it already gels at room temperature, it is important to work quickly!
- Also try the other Japanese binders – arrowroot.
- Usage 1 to 7 g in 500 ml of liquid. Soft: 1 to 1.5 g. Average: 3 g. Hard: 5 g. Very hard: 7 g.
- Do not add the agar agar powder until the liquid is slightly warm, otherwise you may get lumps.
- The liquid should always be heated for 1-2 minutes, otherwise, causes the agar-agar are not work.
- Make sure you work quickly and stir well, because agar agar already solidifies at room temperature.
- Allow 1-4 hours in the refrigerator.
Ingredients: Dried (red) seaweeds *Organic